How to Export to MP4 in DaVinci Resolve: This is a tutorial on how to export to MP4 in DaVinci Resolve
How to Export to MP4 in DaVinci Resolve
Exporting a video correctly is the first step to professional-level editing. Learn how to export videos to MP4 in DaVinci Resolve with this quick tutorial.
To export your project as an MP4 file in DaVinci Resolve, you can follow these steps:
- In the Edit or Color tab, make sure your project is complete and ready for export.
- Go to the Deliver tab by clicking on the “Deliver” button at the bottom of the interface or by selecting it from the workspace menu.
- In the Deliver tab, you’ll see various export settings. To export as an MP4, choose the format and settings as follows:
a. Format: Select “Individual Clips” or “Single Clip” depending on your preference and the structure of your project.
b. Preset: Click on the drop-down menu under “Preset” and choose a preset that includes MP4 as the output format. You can select a preset like “YouTube” or “H.264” and adjust the settings later if needed.
c. Output Name: Specify the desired output file name and location by clicking on the folder icon next to the “Output Name” field.
- Once you’ve selected the desired settings, you can further customize the export settings by clicking on the “Settings” button next to the preset drop-down menu. This allows you to modify parameters such as resolution, bitrate, frame rate, and more. Adjust these settings according to your requirements.
- After you have configured the export settings, you can preview the exported video by clicking the “Add to Render Queue” button. This adds the export job to the render queue without immediately starting the rendering process.
- If you’re ready to begin the export, click on the “Start Render” button at the bottom-right corner of the interface. DaVinci Resolve will begin exporting your project as an MP4 file according to the specified settings.
- Wait for the export process to complete. The time it takes will depend on the length and complexity of your project, as well as the hardware capabilities of your system.
- Once the export is finished, you can locate the MP4 file in the specified output location you set in step 3c. You can now use the exported MP4 file for your desired purposes.
By following these steps, you should be able to export your project as an MP4 file in DaVinci Resolve.